'Britain's Got Talent' finalists Jonathan Antoine and Charlotte Jaconelli have signed a one million pound record deal.
The opera singing duo - who won over judges Simon Cowell, Amanda Holden, David Walliams and Alesha Dixon but failed to beat eventual winners Ashleigh Butler and Pudsey - have been signed to Simon's SyCo label and will release their debut album on September 3.
A source told The Sun newspaper: ''Simon knows that to make money from them he needs to movie fast. Get that first album out as soon as possible before people have moved on. September is also a good time as 'The X Factor' will be in its live stages so there is a chance to get them on the show and plug the album.''
Jonathan said: ''I'm still pinching myself that we are actually making our own CD,'' while Charlotte added: ''This is a dream come true for us.''
The pair's debut release will feature new songs and covers including 'The Prayer' which wowed the judges at their first audition on 'BGT' and will be produced by Graham Stack, who has worked with opera stars G4.
Simon said: ''This show is designed to give people like Jonathan and Charlotte an opportunity. Their album is going to be stunning.''
Copyright © bangshowbiz.com 2012.
People who read this story also read
- BGT runners-up Jonathan and Charlotte to release album in three months
- Robert Pattinson set to star alongside Pudsey?
- Kate Middleton looks nifty as she’s once again thrifty with pink frock
- Kate Middleton and Prince William honoured by Queen’s Jubilee invitation
- Kate Middleton excitedly prepares for key Diamond Jubilee role