It’s not easy being a pop star and constantly travelling the world, especially when you’re embarking on a new relationship, but Zayn Malik and Perrie Edwards are determined to make it work.
The One Direction star and Little Mix lovely got together when Zayn returned from his last US tour, but after just a few weeks together, the busy boyband member is now back across the pond, making waves with 1D’s first headline tour.
But there will be no partying with all-American girls for Mr Malik, as he is 100 per cent dedicated to his Xtra special girlfriend.
A source told Now magazine: “They're serious about each other and are determined to make it work while Zayn's away in the States.
“They're very committed to each other.” So committed, they even have their own cute nickname – Zerrie. Think Brangelina, TomKat and Bennifer – Ben Affleck and Jlo. Well, maybe we shouldn’t use that example…
Perrie also recently insited that being apart isn’t an issue, saying: “I'm really happy. When you both do the same kind of thing, there's more understanding because you both get it... and it's more exciting when you see each other.”
The pair are said to have been missing each other while they are on opposite sides of the world, but have been constantly texting and calling, planning their big reunion.
Perrie stepped out with her Little Mix bandmates last night, at the Glamour Women of the Year Awards, looking every inch the pop princess in a floor length black dress and gold headband. Zayn will no doubt enjoying looking at the snaps!
Zayn and Perrie aren’t the only ones keen to keep the romance going while they’re apart.
Earlier this week, Liam Payne Tweeted: “@DaniellePeazer wish you were awake :( miss you.”
His dancer girlfriend replied: “@Real_Liam_Payne sorry, call me when u wake up. Miss u babe, not long now :) xxx.” Awww, young love.
- One Direction get a nude awakening
- Harry Styles admits he loves being in the buff
One Direction forced to increase security after fans mob the band
More About One Direction
- One Direction's 'Midnight Memories' is best selling album of 2013
- Niall Horan can’t wait to catch up with One Direction lads at BRITs
- One Direction throw support behind Text Santa
- Russell Grant believes Harry Styles will embark on solo projects
- Nicholas McDonald thrilled to have One Direction star Niall Horan’s support
- Little Mix perform These Four Walls and talk about their love lives
- X Factor: Kingsland Road determined to follow in One Direction’s footsteps
People who read this story also read
- One Direction get a nude awakening from naked hotel guest
- One Direction star Harry Styles has something to smile about
- Zayn Malik and Perrie Edwards reunite with romantic date
- One Direction forced to increase security after US fans mob the band
- One Direction prove they aren’t very rock ‘n’ roll after stunt goes wrong