Days after Zayn Malik and Perrie Edwards were spotted smooching, the Little Mix star has opened up about their romance.
During an interview on This Morning, Perrie told Philip Schofield and Holly Willoughby: "Obviously we are together, and everyone knows that now. I'm really, really happy."
Although both being in bands means they spend long periods apart, she insisted that being in the same industry actually helps, telling the presenters: "It's kind of good, in a good way. We [in Little Mix] think it's better! You're more understanding because you 'get it' and it's more exciting when you see each other."
Rumours began circulating about Zayn and Perrie last year, when they met backstage at the X Factor after One Direction performed on the show.
Zayn later admitted they had been texting, but played down reports they were anything more than good friends.
But that all changed when he returned from touring the US earlier this month and the pair went public on their relationship, via Twitter.
Perrie Tweeted: “Just went to see avengers assemble and it was #boring. Good night though! xD @zaynmalik.”
Zayn replied: “@PerrieLittleMix yeah tonight was fun lets do it again sometime ;)”
Although he is back across the pond for One Direction’s first headline tour of North America, it seems Zayn can’t get enough of his Little lady.
The 19-year-old told the Daily Mirror: “We're incredible, everything's going great. We're buzzing.”
MIXING IT UP
- Watch Perrie's interview on This Morning here
- One Direction flash their guns at MIB3 premiere
- Zayn and Perrie's kiss
Harry is single!
More About One Direction
- One Direction throw support behind Text Santa
- Russell Grant believes Harry Styles will embark on solo projects
- Nicholas McDonald thrilled to have One Direction star Niall Horan’s support
- Little Mix perform These Four Walls and talk about their love lives
- X Factor: Kingsland Road determined to follow in One Direction’s footsteps
- Zayn Malik praises Little Mix’s 'sick' Move ahead of X Factor performance
- One Direction continue global domination with – wait for it – 1D Day
People who read this story also read
- Zayn Malik and Perrie Edwards smooch before he picks up cute fan
- One Direction’s Harry Styles single again after split from Emily Atack
- One Direction impress Nicole Scherzinger with their big guns
- ShowBuzz: Harry Styles heartache, Cheryl Cole’s boob, Kristen and Rob in love
- Newly single Harry Styles has 'insane' night in Fairfax