Dame Helen Mirren has revealed that she regrets missing out on previous Jubilee celebrations.
The British actress, who portrayed the Queen in a 2006 biopic, dismissed the Silver Jubilee celebrations in 1976, but she’s looking forward to this year’s Diamond festivities.
Speaking to Woman & Home she said: “I didn’t celebrate [the Silver Jubilee] and was appalled by the celebrations. In my idiocy, I missed out.
“Actually, a lot of the street parties people held looked great fun, so silly me. I feel kind of proud about this [year’s] Jubilee.
“The reign of the Queen has provided amazing continuity in a time when that is so rare.”
Dame Helen will be taking part in the Windsor Castle Diamond Jubilee pageant later this month to celebrate the Queen’s love of horses.
Robbie Williams, Kylie Minogue and Stevie Wonder are among the stars who will be performing at the upcoming Diamond Jubilee concert on June 4.
- The Queen comes to Scotland
- Robbie Williams to sing for the Queen
- Find out more about the Diamond Jubilee
More About Queen's Jubilee
- East Kilbride girl in the running for Britain's most entertaining kid
- Diamond Jubilee celebrations end with tea on the lawn at Balmoral
- ‘I get butterflies in my belly when I think about speaking to her’
- The 'Scottish Burberry' - Mackintosh gifts fit for a Queen
- ‘I wrote to Prince William for wedding advice. Now I’m meeting the Queen’
- Jubilee year facts and figures fit for a Queen [Interactive]
- Queen set to return to Scotland for a week of Jubilee celebrations