(BANG) - Heidi Range is eyeing a role in 'Downton Abbey'.
The Sugababes singer - who is currently on a hiatus with the girl band - explained after making a foray into the world of TV on the latest series of 'Dancing On Ice', she is keen to star in the ITV1 period drama, as ''getting corseted up'' would be her ''ideal job''.
She told Closer magazine: ''I love a period drama, so getting corseted up on 'Downton' would be my ideal job!
''There are no plans to get all the Sugababes girls back together at the moment.''
However, Heidi faces competition for a role in the hit show from fellow pop superstar, Girls Aloud's Nicola Roberts, who recently admitted she was ''obsessed'' with 'Downton Abbey' and has shocked her friends by thinking the events played out in the drama are real life.
She previously said: ''I'm obsessed with that show. I would love to be in it, even if it was just for one episode.
''It's so amazing, I actually feel like it's real life. My friends all think I'm really weird.''
(C) BANG Media International
Copyright © bangshowbiz.com 2012.
More About Downton Abbey
- Downton Abbey’s hilarious riposte to ‘bottle water-gate’ pic
- Downton's Joanne Froggatt quizzed by a ‘very naked fan’
- Maggie Smith has 'brilliant storylines' in Downton Abbey
- Downton Abbey star Lesley Nicol enjoys being in US
- Downton Abbey causes Matt Damon marital strife
- George Clooney not good enough for Downton Abbey
- Downton Abbey producer says not plans to end drama