(BANG) - Heidi Range is eyeing a role in 'Downton Abbey'.
The Sugababes singer - who is currently on a hiatus with the girl band - explained after making a foray into the world of TV on the latest series of 'Dancing On Ice', she is keen to star in the ITV1 period drama, as ''getting corseted up'' would be her ''ideal job''.
She told Closer magazine: ''I love a period drama, so getting corseted up on 'Downton' would be my ideal job!
''There are no plans to get all the Sugababes girls back together at the moment.''
However, Heidi faces competition for a role in the hit show from fellow pop superstar, Girls Aloud's Nicola Roberts, who recently admitted she was ''obsessed'' with 'Downton Abbey' and has shocked her friends by thinking the events played out in the drama are real life.
She previously said: ''I'm obsessed with that show. I would love to be in it, even if it was just for one episode.
''It's so amazing, I actually feel like it's real life. My friends all think I'm really weird.''
(C) BANG Media International
Copyright © bangshowbiz.com 2012.
More About Downton Abbey
- Siobhan Finneran explains why she quit Downton Abbey
- Siobhan Finneran to leave Downton Abbey
- Downton Abbey: Robert Crawley is a ‘family’ man
- Downton Abbey creator Julian Fellowes teases follow-up film
- Julian Fellowes says he doesn’t want more Downton Abbey deaths
- Rob James-Collier thrilled Downton Abbey character still alive
- Downton Abbey star Maggie Smith scoops Golden Globe