(BANG) - Heidi Range is eyeing a role in 'Downton Abbey'.
The Sugababes singer - who is currently on a hiatus with the girl band - explained after making a foray into the world of TV on the latest series of 'Dancing On Ice', she is keen to star in the ITV1 period drama, as ''getting corseted up'' would be her ''ideal job''.
She told Closer magazine: ''I love a period drama, so getting corseted up on 'Downton' would be my ideal job!
''There are no plans to get all the Sugababes girls back together at the moment.''
However, Heidi faces competition for a role in the hit show from fellow pop superstar, Girls Aloud's Nicola Roberts, who recently admitted she was ''obsessed'' with 'Downton Abbey' and has shocked her friends by thinking the events played out in the drama are real life.
She previously said: ''I'm obsessed with that show. I would love to be in it, even if it was just for one episode.
''It's so amazing, I actually feel like it's real life. My friends all think I'm really weird.''
(C) BANG Media International
Copyright © bangshowbiz.com 2012.
More About Downton Abbey
- Downton Abbey’s Maggie Smith says series could be last
- George Clooney joins Downton set for Text Santa
- Downton Abbey Christmas special: stars tease a ‘really exciting’ episode
- Downton Abbey’s Joanne Froggatt receives letters from rape victims
- Downton's Laura Carmichael says Edith is determined to keep Marigold
- Downton Abbey creator says Sue Johnston plays a strong character
- Downton Abbey episode seven: Edith’s secret in danger after shock departure