Valentine’s Day is the perfect time of the year to show that special person in your life how much they mean to you – and what better way than by whipping up a seductive storm in the kitchen?
Andy Cumming, the head chef at the world-renowned Rogano restaurant in Glasgow, has created the perfect culinary creation to serve to your sweetheart this February 14.
His vanilla and honey cheesecake is sweet and creamy, and contains ingredients that are sure to ignite the flames of passion!
Musky vanilla is a well-known aphrodisiac, as is chocolate, which is used to garnish the dessert. And the ruby red berries – the colour of passion and love - add a splash of colour to the plate.
If you fancy trying out this easy-to-make delicious dessert, the full recipe and method can be found below.
Ingredients for the cheesecake mix:
• 125g mascarpone cheese
• 20g caster sugar
• 15ml honey
• 75ml cream
• 1/3 of a vanilla pod
Ingredients for the cheesecake base
• 75g digestive biscuits, crushed - 75g
• 20ml honey
• 20ml melted butter
Ingredients for the garnish (optional):
• Red berries, strawberries etc
• Fruit coulis
• Chocolate heart
1. Crush digestive biscuits until fine crumble, mix in honey and melted butter
2. Press biscuits into heart shape, set aside
3. Whip cream with caster sugar, honey and vanilla seed, until reach soft peaks
4. In another bowl beat mascarpone with wooden spoon until smooth, adding the cream a little bit at a time
5. Using a piping bag, pipe into ring on top of biscuit base; allow this to cool for 1 hour.
6. Remove ring, serve with coulis and berries
Rogano in Glasgow has special Valentine’s meal offers; visit www.roganoglasgow.com to find out more.
FOOD OF LOVE: