Ant and Dec have been taking the pop charts by storm after performing their PJ and Duncan hit Let’s Get Ready to Rhumble on Saturday Night Takeaway last weekend.
The track has been downloaded by thousands of fans, and with 46,000 copies of the song having been sold so far this week, Ant and Dec have pledged to donate all the profits they make from the song to charity.
“Let’s Get ready to Rhumble kind of changed everything for us,” Ant told radio DJ Chris Evans. “I never thought we’d be performing it 19 years later on a Saturday night TV show.
“People are still buying the track, so we’ve just decided that any money we make out of it will be put towards ChildLine.”
This isn’t the first time the boys have rhumbled on TV - they also performed the classic track on children’s TV show SMTV Live in 2001.
Let’s Get Ready to Rhumble was first released in 1994 and reached number nine in the UK singles chart, and almost 20 years later, the song is sitting at number one in the midweek chart, 10,000 copies ahead of its closest rival.
Pink featuring Nate Ruess with Just Give Me a Reason is currently sitting at number two, with The Saturdays featuring Sean Paul’s What About Us at number three.
If Let’s Get Ready to Rhumble hits the top spot at the weekend, it will be the first ever number one hit for Ant and Dec. Altogether now – let's get ready to rhumble, let's get ready to rhumble, get ready, get steady and rhumble, everybody rhumble!
More About Saturday Night Takeaway
- Saturday Night Takeaway: Cheryl Fernandez Versini left red-faced
- Saturday Night Takeaway preview: Richard Madeley faces the ultimate test
- Saturday Night Takeaway: February 21 - Round Up
- Saturday Night Takeaway: Let’s raise the turbine
- Saturday Night Takeaway: The Supercomputer hits Edinburgh
- Saturday Night Takeaway: Who are those masked men?
- Saturday Night Takeaway: Olly Murs gets the surprise of his life