Ossie Clark was known as the King of King’s Road, a fashion legend who dictated the rules when it came to style and was renowned for his daring and panache.
And while he may no longer be with us, Ossie’s legacy lives on with the Ossie Clark London range still hugely influential today.
In recent months, Nic Georgiou, the brand’s creative design manager, has also been working with Debenhams to bring women access to a range of striking and affordable pieces for the collection, available at 45 of the store’s concessions now.
“We were approached by Al Radley from the Radley gowns, they were the backers, they used to back Ossie Clark from 1965 through to around 1979, so o the background definitely is the original Ossie Clark,” Nic said of the new collection.
“And that’s what we’re trying to do, take the DNA from that era and put it into today’s market so it’s right for today’s women.”
Nic, a former nominee for British Designer of the Year who has worked with the likes of Vivienne Westwood and John Galliano, continued: “The necklines have slightly changed, the fabrics have definitely changed and what we’re trying to do is use modern fabrics that really work with today’s women.”
Ossie Clark pieces are known for their daring statements the designer’s collections always took risks, mixing multiple prints and fabrics at the same time – which just happens to be one of the key trends for spring/summer 2013. But does this mean that Ossie Clark creations can only suit those who are a little more on the edge of fashion?
“The bold statement pieces can suit pretty much everybody,” according to Nic.
“There are dresses in the range that are very bold in colour and print but they could look fabulous either on holiday or at an event like a wedding, all these places that are real special events you will look fabulous in them.”
Find out more about Nic’s creations for Ossie Clark at Debenhams including his access to original sketches from the famous designer, by watching the video in the player above.
More About Fashion and style
- Nicole Scherzinger shows some thigh while Sharon Osbourne is back to black
- This Morning's Style Squad give mum of two Jackie glamorous girly makeover
- Fashion rate or slate: Nicole Scherzinger and Kylie Minogue's style
- Take Over the Makeover: style Donna for her wedding anniversary celebration
- Faye’s fashion finds: clothing ranges under the radar & budget style
- Blooming beautiful celebrity style pregnancy fashion with Abbey Clancy
- Faye’s Fashion: 1920s Great Gatsby looks plus distressed jeans masterclass