Perrie Edwards is basking in Little Mix glory after the girl group scored their second number one at the weekend with catchy single Wings.
But while she’s been celebrating the success with her nearest and dearest, she has admitted it has been hard not having one eXtra special person around – Zayn Malik.
Zayn is currently in the U.S. ahead of One Direction’s performance at the MTV VMAs tomorrow night.
Perrie told Heat magazine: “We see each other quite a lot. The only time we don’t is when he’s in America.”
The loved up teen admitted: “It’s really hard. But I trust him. It does get hard when you don’t see each other. It does make it more special when you do see each other, though.”
The pop prince and princess have grown extremely close in the past few months, since going public on their relationship earlier this year.
They have been spending every spare moment they get together, with Zayn even snubbing bandmate Liam Payne’s birthday party so he could watch his girl perform on Red or Black, so it’s no wonder they are missing each other terribly.
Perrie insisted they combat their lovesick moments by ensuring they stay in touch while apart.
She said: “You just have to make sure you call and text each other all the time and tell each other what you’ve done each day and stuff.”
Zayn will be hoping he has plenty to fill Perrie in on tomorrow night as 1D are not only performing at the VMAs, they are also nominated for two awards.
More About One Direction
- One Direction’s security team ‘given gun training’ ahead of Mexico gig
- Niall Horan is 'pumped' ahead of tonight’s One Direction gig
- Zayn Malik and Perrie Edwards looking forward to US reunion
- Zayn Malik is hoping for a fan-tastic day with the help of Directioners
- Zayn Malik and Perrie Edwards look loved-up on romantic Verona trip
- Harry Styles enjoys amazing 'sweaty' night in Oslo with Norwegian fan
- Zayn Malik dishes the dirt on what One Direction are really like
- Zayn Malik and Perrie Edwards shop for treats for cosy night in
- One Direction star Zayn Malik’s family love perfect Perrie Edwards
- One Direction star Zayn Malik loves Perrie Edwards’ dirty ways