Forget the BRITs. The MTV VMAs will have nothing on this. Last night, the One Direction boys scooped an impressive four gongs at the highly prestigious We Love Pop Awards.
While the lads’ musical skills were honoured with the coveted Best Band in Pop gong, we’re sure it’s the other awards they won which will mean the most to young Harry Styles.
The curly haired heartthrob was awarded Best Hair in Pop and Fittest Boy in Pop. Two trophies he is sure to proudly display on his mantelpiece.
Sadly, Harry just lost out on making it a hat trick, as bandmate Louis Tomlinson took the gong for Best Bum in Pop – a proud moment, we’re sure.
Others to be awarded for their efforts in the pop world included Jessie J, who was “so happy” to be named Most Stylish Pop Star in the World and Most Inspirational Pop Star Ever. What a title!
Zayn Malik and Perrie Edwards were beaten in the Best Couple in Pop category, with that accolade going to Justin Bieber and Selena Gomez.
And guess who was named most Snoggable Boy on Film? Sadly, not old R-Pattz – and he could have done with a boost. No, that title went to his fellow Twilight hottie, Taylor Lautner.
With those awards out of the way, we are now focusing our attention on the forthcoming VMAs, where One Direction are nominated for two awards AND will perform at the glittering bash.
The Wanted are also nominated in the Best New Artist Category, and while the lads are currently going down a storm across the pond, they know it will be difficult to topple the power of 1D.
Speaking after they performed at JFK airport yesterday afternoon, Max George said he thought One Direction would pip them to the post on the night.
More About One Direction
- One Direction’s security team ‘given gun training’ ahead of Mexico gig
- Niall Horan is 'pumped' ahead of tonight’s One Direction gig
- Zayn Malik and Perrie Edwards looking forward to US reunion
- Zayn Malik is hoping for a fan-tastic day with the help of Directioners
- Zayn Malik and Perrie Edwards look loved-up on romantic Verona trip
- Harry Styles enjoys amazing 'sweaty' night in Oslo with Norwegian fan
- Zayn Malik dishes the dirt on what One Direction are really like