The real life Twilight saga continues as Robert Pattinson and Kristen Stewart still haven’t come face-to-face, after news about K-Stew’s alleged affair with married father-of-two Rupert Sanders hit the headlines last month.
While Robert has been doing the rounds promoting new movie Cosmopolis, Kristen has been lying low, pulling out of the UK premiere of On the Road – which also happens to star Rob’s best friend Tom Sturridge – awkward.
Now the 22-year-old actress is said to be “desperate” to meet up with Rob to apologise for getting involved with her Snow White and the Huntsman director.
She is reportedly relieved that Rob didn’t dish the dirt on the state of their relationship during his string of promotional interviews, but is said to have given up hope of rekindling their romance.
An insider told Radar Online: “Instead, she believes that they can now work on a friendship and is desperate to apologise to Robert in person for her affair with Rupert.
“She doesn't want to lose Robert completely in her life and would love to count on him as one of her closest friends.
“While their relationship might have been tainted, they could still be the best of friends one day.”
Kris and Rob have both reportedly pulled out of appearing at next month’s MTV VMAs and they also won’t attend any of the Twilight conventions in the run up to the release of Breaking Dawn – Part 2.
Will they be able to put the past behind them and stand side-by-side on the red carpet for the final film in the Twilight Saga in November? Fans are hoping so.
More About Twilight
- Robert Pattinson looks a Brit sad as he heads back to Kristen Stewart
- It's over (again) as Robert Pattinson dumps Twilight lover Kristen Stewart
- Twilight: Breaking Dawn Part 2 shock as it tops nominations for worst film
- Robert Pattinson and Kirsten Stewart split for Christmas
- Kristen Stewart shows her racy side as she flashes photographers
- Robert Pattinson and Kristen Stewart's frosty end to Twilight tour
- Robert Pattinson reveals how little he knows about Twilight