Prince William and Kate Middleton partied the night away in a belated Russian-themed 30th bash to mark the Prince’s landmark birthday, it has been revealed.
The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge were joined by a group of good friends at Mari Vanna restaurant in Knightsbridge on July 2, a week-and-a-half after the Prince’s actual birthday.
And they made sure to get into the full swing of the Russian theme, downing flavoured vodka shots and dining on delicious dishes from the country.
It was a wild night out for the couple who really let their hair down, with one source telling Now magazine: “Wills definitely looked the worse for wear after enjoying a few flavoured vodkas.”
However Kate, who is known not to be a big drinker, refrained from knocking back too many shots with the group and retired from the party at around 1am, leaving the rest to continue with their night.
Wills and his friends are said to have carried on partying into the wee small hours, with the group moving on to a friend’s house at around 3am for a house party. Sounds like one right Royal bash!
As well as the belated birthday 'do, the Duke and Duchess are thought to have enjoyed a dinner party on the night of William’s 30th, marking his special day with their nearest and dearest.
During the day of his 30th, William enjoyed making the most of one of the presents his wife Kate bought him for the big birthday – a high-octane water experience which saw the Prince sitting on a huge inflatable ring as he was pulled along the waves by a boat.
Unfortunately despite the fact the Prince’s birthday falls in summer – June 21 to be specific – the weather was pretty miserable on the day and the water was rather choppy.
But adventurous Will didn’t let that put him off and he was said to have had a ball, “roaring with laughter” as he bounced along on the huge rubber ring.
Kate is also believed to have commissioned a jeweller to design a handcrafted watch for the Prince, a special keepsake that would always remind him of his 30th birthday, as well as posing for a portrait painted by artist Nicky Phillips.
- Low-key birthday for Wills
- Kate treats William to breakfast in bed on his 30th
- Wills loved high-octane boat ride
- Kate’s special tribute to Diana
- A look back at key points in William’s life so far
- The latest Royal news and gossip
People who read this story also read
- Kate Middleton to make speech at Prince William’s 30th birthday dinner
- Kate Middleton gave Prince William breakfast in bed treat for 30th birthday
- Kate Middleton and Prince William’s secret dates in Anstruther
- Thrifty Pippa Middleton reveals Royal aspirations as she unveils Minogue dress
- Kate Middleton leaves 'party princess' title to Pippa