Before her release today Prince William visited his pregnant wife the Duchess of Cambridge yesterday evening.
He was showing his support for Kate as she spent her third day in hospital suffering from severe morning sickness.
Earlier, on a visit to Broadgate in the City of London, Prince William's uncle, Edward, Duke of Wessex, sent Katherine his best wishes.
His wife Sophie, Duchess of Wessex, said news of Katherine's pregnancy had been "the most perfect end to a pretty amazing year."
Elizabeth II celebrated her diamond jubilee earlier in the year after 60 years on the British throne.
Showing what a great husband he is, William had spent about three hours at the King Edward VII Hospital yesterday evening where the 30-year-old duchess was being treated.
The Duchess was also visited on Wednesday by her sister Pippa Middleton and their brother James.
Officials from St James's Palace have explained that Katherine is not yet 12 weeks pregnant with the couple's first child.
More About The Royal baby
- Prince Harry: I’ll make sure royal baby Prince George has fun
- Muppets Kermit and Miss Piggy send best wishes to royal baby Prince George
- Royal baby: find out what’s written in the stars for Prince of Cambridge
- Stars congratulate Kate and William on baby boy the Prince of Cambridge
- Royal baby boy as Duke and Duchess of Cambridge welcome a son: full details
- Prince Charles jokes about the royal baby’s slow arrival
- Royal baby: celebrities eagerly await arrival of Kate and William's child