Kate Middleton will make her second public speech as a working Royal, when the Duchess of Cambridge visits Malaysia next month.
The emotional talk will be given during a visit to a hospice in the country, which Duchess Kate and Prince William will visit as part of their tour of South East Asia and the South Pacific next month, on behalf of the Queen’s Diamond Jubilee.
Kate’s first ever speech was also made during a visit to children’s hospice The Treehouse in Ispwich in Suffolk in March.
The Duchess felt the visit was the perfect place to publicly speak for the first time, because her hospice work is a cause extremely close to her heart.
And with this being Kate’s first overseas talk, she will no doubt be determined to get it right, with the eyes of hospital’s patients and staff – and no doubt the media – on her.
Appearing calm and collected during her first speech, if ever so slightly nervous, Kate – now officially known as Catherine – will likely charm crowds with the warm, friendly nature she’s become famous for.
As well as her visit to the hospice, Kate will host a special tea party in Malaysia for two lucky competition winners, with locals being invited to enter for the chance of winning a place at the table.
Fans of Duchess Kate’s are being asked to enter a ‘creative’ photograph of themselves drinking tea, to be in with a shot at landing a place at the special tea party, which she is hosting alongside the British High Commission.
Kate and husband Prince William will also tour across Singapore, Borneo, the Solomon Islands and Tuvalu, with other key points of the trip including a jungle trek and a stay in the only hotel that exists in Tuvalu, the world’s fourth smallest country.
The Royal couple jet off on their Diamond Jubilee engagements on September 11.
More About Royal Family
- Kate Middleton looks spellbinding in spots during Harry Potter trip
- Prince William to star in reality TV series Helicopter Heroes
- Prince Harry not enough: we need to send entire Royal Family to Afghanistan
- Royal Christmas: the Queen and Duke of Edinburgh set off for Sandringham
- Royal Family 2012 video highlights: Olympics, Jubilee and more
- Kate Middleton and Prince William’s special royal Christmas plans
- Kate Middleton expected to miss Christmas at Sandringham