A Dundee group is staging the first amateur production of Calendar Girls in Scotland.
Downfield Musical Society will present the play based on the true story of eleven women who posed nude for a calendar to raise money for charity.
It is also the fastest selling play in British Theatre history.
Now the performing rights to Calendar Girls have been made available to amateur groups. Lynn MacFarlane, director, described the script as “tremendous” and said they had "great fun" preparing it.
Hundreds of amateur dramatic groups across the UK have bought the performance rights.
Calendar Girls opens at the Whitehall Theatre on Tuesday and runs until Saturday.
People who read this story also read
- 47-year-old man appears in court charged with raping young child
- Man exposed himself to staff at Auchtermuchty shop as he bought newspaper
- Tributes for school assistant who died after bike collided with car
- Drink-driver caused death of father after charity golf event
- Man killed after glider crashes during take off from airport