Scots rockers The View have penned two tracks for One Direction – but have admitted they only gave the boys the songs they couldn’t use themselves, because they were “too wimpy”.
The View’s lead singer Kyle Falconer revealed that the boys are always writing new tracks and end up with way more than they know what to do with.
So he decided to offer up some of the songs to the handsome five-piece, who have had massive hits with tracks including What Makes You Beautiful.
Speaking to the Daily Record’s showbiz column The Razz, Kyle said: “I’m writing and recording all these tunes.
“The ones I put in for One Direction were the ones that people said were too wimpy for The View.
“There’s a few of them – we write songs non-stop.”
The Dundee rockers are celebrating big success just now, making it to number three in the album charts with fourth album Cheeky For a Reason and playing a sold-out gig at the O2 Academy in Glasgow last night, before heading off to a festival in Spain.
Meanwhile the 1D boys have just finished their US tour and are enjoying some much needed R&R, with most of them taking the chance to jet off on holiday.
Louis Tomlinson and girlfriend Eleanor Calder recently enjoyed a romantic trip to France, sparking rumours of an engagement on their return with pretty student Eleanor was snapped wearing a band on her ring finger.
But One Direction’s massive female fan base was relieved when it turned out just to be a piece of dress jewellery that she had picked up from a local market.
And Niall Horan has been spotted living it up in Marbs (Marbella for those of you who don’t watch TOWIE), where he’s been snapped causing a splash with the local ladies…
- Louis Tomlinson and Eleanor Calder not engaged - it's official!
- Niall Horan causes a splash in Marbs
- The View get intimate with Glasgow fans
- The latest music news and gossip
More About One Direction
- One Direction's 'Midnight Memories' is best selling album of 2013
- Niall Horan can’t wait to catch up with One Direction lads at BRITs
- One Direction throw support behind Text Santa
- Russell Grant believes Harry Styles will embark on solo projects
- Nicholas McDonald thrilled to have One Direction star Niall Horan’s support
- Little Mix perform These Four Walls and talk about their love lives
- X Factor: Kingsland Road determined to follow in One Direction’s footsteps