Cheryl Cole has plenty to smile about at the moment: not only is her single Call My Name on course to become the fast selling single of 2012 in the UK, presales of her album, A Million Lights, are also doing pretty well.
Well, that’s an understatement actually. According to Amazon UK, Cheryl’s third solo album has attracted double the amount of pre-orders of Justin Bieber’s new record Believe, with both due for release on June 18.
Paul Firth, music manager at Amazon UK, told Digital Spy: "With Cheryl's Call My Name dominating our radio waves, there is a genuine excitement about the release of A Million Lights which looks set to become one of the biggest sellers of the year so far.
"Cheryl is really establishing herself as a leading female solo artist here in the UK and looks set to have a third number one album."
Bieber is a big fan of Cheryl’s and last year he told The People: "I have always said how hot Cheryl Cole was. If she had been younger I would have asked her out on a date.
"Some women who are as hot as that walk about knowing they are hot and that's really unattractive.
“But I have met Cheryl a few times and as well as being hot she is also somebody who makes you feel comfortable. She is really funny too."
Wonder if he’s about to change his opinion!
Meanwhile, Cheryl has been Tweeting about her excitement ahead of the release of the record, telling fans: “UK.. 3days til #AMillionLights .. 2 sleeps !!! Who's waiting up sunday ?? I'm gonna stay up w yoouuuuu :D are you as excited as I am ???!!!”
- Cheryl set to sizzle in Scotland
- All the latest Cheryl news
- Another Royal romance? Cheryl encourages Prince Harry to ask her out...
People who read this story also read
- Cheryl Cole to sizzle in Scotland on solo arena tour
- Royal romance? Cheryl Cole encourages Prince Harry to ask her out
- The Queen praises Gary Barlow’s Diamond Jubilee song
- Cheryl Cole and Gary Barlow crowning glory of Jubilee concert
- The STV Trailer Park: with Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter, Red Lights, The Three Stooges and Fast Girls