The One Direction lads will be celebrating tonight having just won best British Single at the BRIT Awards 2012.
What Makes You Beautiful was one of the most catchy tracks of 2011 and the boyband’s army of loyal, largely female, fans voted for the hit to be recognised at the glittering bash.
Heading to the stage, looking sharp as ever in variations of grey suits (we love Harry’s bowtie passion), Zayn Malik, Harry Styles, Louis Tomlinson, Liam Payne and Niall Horan were ecstatic as they accepted the award.
Cheeky chap Louis said: “We can not believe that we are stood here on this stage… This award is for the fans, we wouldn’t be here if it wasn’t for you.”
Harry had a bit of mic trouble, not that you could really hear him for screaming girls anyway, but Liam, rocking a new haircut, rescued the situation thanking boss Simon Cowell and SYCO.
Niall echoed the sentiment of his bandmates telling the 1D fans: “this is for you!”
BRITs host James Corden, who is good friends with the band, ushered them off stage, saying: “Thank you so much you beautiful boys, go ring your mums, tell them you’ll be home late tonight.”
One Direction has become one of the most popular boybands in the UK since shooting to fame on The X Factor back in 2010.
Most recently the handsome boys have been making waves across the pond, with their debut release, the now award winning What Makes You Beautiful, making it to number ten on the U.S. iTunes Top 100 Songs chart.
Recently, they made a guest appearance in Nickelodean sitcom iCarly, before delighting fans with a double performance on Dancing on Ice.
Tonight, the boys beat off stiff competition from the liked of Adele, Ed Sheeran, Jessie J and boyband rivals The Wanted and JLS.
Not bad for five lads who came third on The X Factor.
- Bruno Mars wins International Male
- Adele wins British Female Solo Artist
- And Rihanna wins?
Watch One Direction perform on Dancing on Ice in the player above
More About One Direction
- Zayn Malik and Perrie Edwards look loved-up on romantic Verona trip
- Harry Styles enjoys amazing 'sweaty' night in Oslo with Norwegian fan
- Zayn Malik dishes the dirt on what One Direction are really like
- Ed Sheeran reveals his friends One Direction have completed third album
- One Direction issue strict orange dress code for fans at Amsterdam gig
- Niall Horan battling painful injury during One Direction tour
- One Direction fans thrilled to land their own TV show