James Arthur is looking forward to a very eXciting 2013 after his debut single, Impossible, returned to the top of the charts.
The X Factor 2012 champ tweeted: “I'm number 1 again? Sweet!! Thanks must go to you sick individuals that bought it! And I mean sick in a good way! #LOVE #Whatayear! Xxx”
Impossible lost out on the Christmas number one spot (on December 23) to The Justice Collective's Hillsborough charity single, but returned to the top slot on Sunday December 30, much to the delight of the humble star.
According to the Official Charts Company, Impossible has now sold an impressive 897,000 copies, making it the fourth best-selling debut single from an X Factor winner, behind Alexandra Burke, Shayne Ward and Matt Cardle.
The news tops off what has been an incredible year for James, who beat Jahmene Douglas to take the X Factor crown.
The 24-year-old has attracted an army of fans, including many celebrities, who have indicated that they would like to work with James next year.
Emeli Sandé and Labrinth are big fans, as are the One Direction boys, in particular Louis Tomlinson, who has enjoyed the odd pint or two with the singer.
James spoke to stv.tv following his win and said he can’t wait to get into the studio to start working on his debut album.
He is also looking forward to coming to Scotland in 2013 for the X Factor tour, where he plans to celebrate with his Scots relatives, as his dad is originally from Glasgow.
Looks like James has plenty to celebrate this New Year – happy Hogmanay!
More About James Arthur - the winner
- James Arthur: You’re Nobody single is a 'reintroduction to me'
- James Arthur tips Girls on X Factor & talks sweet making music with Nicole
- X Factor champ James Arthur eyes up seXy dancers on tour
- X Factor star James Arthur thanks fans for return to number one
- JLS stars praise James Arthur and talk Prince William baby advice
- James Arthur has written songs for One Direction
- X Factor winner James Arthur wants to work with Jahmene Douglas