The Little Mix ladies flew up the charts yesterday afternoon and scored their second number one with infectious pop track Wings.
While the girls immediately rang “their mams” to break the good news, Perrie Edwards also put in a call to her beloved boyfriend Zayn Malik, who was delighted for his gorgeous girlfriend.
But for these hard working Little Muffins, being professional comes first and with a live performance on Daybreak scheduled in for this morning, the girls delayed their celebrations, till tonight.
Zayn sadly won’t be able to join Perrie and her bandmates at the exclusive party for family and friends, as he is currently in the U.S. with One Direction ahead of their performance at the MTV VMAs this week, but he is sure to be on the phone to catch up on all the gossip from the night.
Yesterday, Perrie Tweeted: “I can't say thank you enough for getting us to number 1 mixers! I'm so happy!!! Your all so AMAZING! I love you all! Perrie <3 xxx”
Leigh-Anne Pinnock wrote: “Omgosh guys thank you all so much for getting us to number 1! Love you all to the moon and back! Yayayayayayaya! :D x Leigh”
Amongst the first to congratulate the talented girl group was Mr. X Factor himself, Simon Cowell, who Tweeted: “@littlemixoffic You did it! Congratulations to you and your mentor. Great job.”
Former X Factor champ, and BFF of Jade Thirlwall, Joe McElderry wrote: “Congrats to jade and the girls on your number one!! Lotsa love!! @littlemixofficial”
And One Direction star Liam Payne’s girlfriend, Danielle Peazer, Tweeted: “Congratulations @LittleMixOffic on getting number 1!!! I'm all for some girl power.”
Little Mix are set to release their debut album in November.
More About One Direction
- One Direction's 'Midnight Memories' is best selling album of 2013
- Niall Horan can’t wait to catch up with One Direction lads at BRITs
- One Direction throw support behind Text Santa
- Russell Grant believes Harry Styles will embark on solo projects
- Nicholas McDonald thrilled to have One Direction star Niall Horan’s support
- Little Mix perform These Four Walls and talk about their love lives
- X Factor: Kingsland Road determined to follow in One Direction’s footsteps
- Little Mix think Perrie Edwards will marry Zayn Malik
- Little Mix were shocked by plastic dolls
- Little Mix think One Direction's new album is brilliant