One Direction may be one of the hottest boybands in the world at the moment but fellow Brit boys The Wanted are also making waves around the globe, with U.S. fans taking a particular shine to the band.
Today Max George, Siva Kaneswaran, Jay McGuiness, Tom Parker, and Nathan Sykes flew into JFK airport to delight lucky competition winners with an intimate gig at Terminal 5.
As well as performing their hits, including Chasing the Sun, the lads spoke about being nominated for a gong at the MTV VMAs.
The Wanted are nominated in the Best New Artist category, alongside a host of other massive names in music, including 1D.
And who do they think will win? Well despite the alleged rivalry between the bands, Max George tipped One Direction for VMA s success.
But there’s plenty of time for The Wanted to drum up support as they have a host of high profile American gigs ahead.
They will play Central Park tomorrow as part of the Good Morning America Summer Concert Series, before performing at the U.S. Tennis Open on Saturday.
The band also appeared on Access Hollywood Live today and gave their thoughts on Prince Harry’s naughty naked antics in Las Vegas at the weekend.
Tom dubbed the Royal a “wild one” but added: “I think everyone can relate to him because he’s a normal guy, even though he’s a prince.”
Check out the band perform and chat at JFK in the player above.
More About One Direction
- Niall Horan can’t wait to catch up with One Direction lads at BRITs
- One Direction throw support behind Text Santa
- Russell Grant believes Harry Styles will embark on solo projects
- Nicholas McDonald thrilled to have One Direction star Niall Horan’s support
- Little Mix perform These Four Walls and talk about their love lives
- X Factor: Kingsland Road determined to follow in One Direction’s footsteps
- Zayn Malik praises Little Mix’s 'sick' Move ahead of X Factor performance