Fans of Twilight will be shocked to hear that the final movie in the epic will reportedly have a different ending than the one featured in the popular series of books.
If true, fans of the vampire stories will now have to wait until November to find out how The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn - Part 2 might wrap up.
The news will no doubt upset some fans of the vampire series, who believed they knew how the tales concluded.
According to reports, the new ending was created by Twilight author Stephenie Meyer and screenwriter Melissa Rosenberg who came up with the idea for an alternative ending over dinner.
Robert Pattinson is said to be one of the stars who did a double take when he realised what was going on, Entertainment Weekly reports.
"When I first read the script, I got to that part and was like, 'What?' And then I had to go back a page. It does it a serious justice,” the star is quoted saying.
The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn - Part 2 sees Bella (Kristen Stewart) fully settle into her new life as a vampire, but her happy existence with husband Edward (Robert Pattinson) is put at risk when their child Renesmee is misidentified as an immortal child and plans are made to destroy her.
The Cullens find themselves forced to gather other vampire clans from around the world as they desperately battle to save Renesmee from destruction.
The final movie in the series hits cinemas this November. Things could prove a bit awkward during the promotion of the movie in the upcoming months though, after it emerged Kristen had cheated on her real-life boyfriend Robert Pattinson. The couple are thought to be estranged, with Rob said to have asked Kristen to move out of the LA pad they shared together.
- More Twilight news
- Check out the trailer for The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn - Part 2
- Twilight promotion will go "full steam ahead" despite Kristen Stewart/Robert Pattinson split
More About Twilight
- Robert Pattinson looks a Brit sad as he heads back to Kristen Stewart
- It's over (again) as Robert Pattinson dumps Twilight lover Kristen Stewart
- Twilight: Breaking Dawn Part 2 shock as it tops nominations for worst film
- Robert Pattinson and Kirsten Stewart split for Christmas
- Kristen Stewart shows her racy side as she flashes photographers
- Robert Pattinson and Kristen Stewart's frosty end to Twilight tour
- Robert Pattinson reveals how little he knows about Twilight