Robert Pattinson has made his mark as one of the most successful young British actors around, but the star has revealed that he almost went into hiding after the Twilight series.
The actor – who made his name playing Edward Cullen in the vampire movies – said he didn’t rate his skills on screen and planned to disappear for a while.
But his mind was soon changed when he landed the role in gritty film Cosmopolis, which is based on the Don DeLillo novel about a multi-millionaire who nearly loses everything, including his mind, in the space of one day.
Speaking to the Winnipeg Free Press, R-Pattz is quoted saying: "I never really took myself seriously as an actor before.
"I wanted to try and do small parts in movies that I thought I could learn something from. Just damage control, basically, so I could learn a little bit."
He continud: "Before I did [Cosmopolis] I was fully intending on hiding for a couple of years. But this has really reinvigorated my ideas about acting."
We bet Pattinson's fans around the globe are breathing a sigh of relief that he didn't follow through with the plans!
Last month Pattinson told Premiere magazine that playing the part of mixed-up multi-millionaire Eric Packer gave him “balls”.
Cosmopolis is due for release in the UK on June 15, opening in the US later on in the year.
- Video above: Robert Pattinson talks Comsopolis
- R-Pattz says filming Cosmopolis gave him confidence
- Pattinson reveals dark side in movie
People who read this story also read
- Robert Pattinson has close shave with Twilight producers
- Queen’s Diamond Jubilee: facts you never knew about the monarch
- Robert Pattinson and Kristen Stewart win Best Kiss AGAIN at MTV Movie Awards
- Robert Pattinson reveals dark side in Cosmopolis trailer
- Kate Middleton and Prince William honoured by Queen’s Jubilee invitation