On October 5 1966 the first James Bond film Dr No was released in the UK, beginning one of the most enduring, if not successful, movie franchises ever.
Soon the 23rd Bond film Skyfall opens worldwide, starring the sixth 007 in the series, Daniel Craig.
With the 50th anniversary of the first film looming, former Bond stars have picked their favorite 007.
For Bond girl Eunice Grayson, who starred in Dr. No. as Sylvia Trech opposite Sean Connery as 007, there was only one obvious choice.
"He has this wonderful masculinity, but he also had this vulnerability, which I always felt that he had, plus of course he had talent," she quipped Grayson about her co-star Sean Connery.
Swedish actress Britt Ekland, who was in The Man With The Golden Gun alongside Roger Moore, has two actors whom she thinks fit the Bond bill perfectly.
"It's him. It's Roger Moore. In my opinion he's the best Bond," stated Ekland. "Because, he has all the qualities that Ian Fleming wrote about in the book, I mean you just have to read the description, in the book and that is Roger Moore.”
She added: "Later on I feel that Pierce Brosnan very much presented similar qualities that Ian Fleming wrote about.”
Actor Richard Kiel, who played villain Jaws in Moonraker and The Spy Who Loved Me opposite Roger Moore, is a bit more diplomatic in his choice of Bond actor.
He said: "I really do think that Pierce Brosnan, Sean Connery and Roger Moore were all great Bonds.”
- Skyfall opens in the UK on October 26.
More About Skyfall
- Skyfall producer reveals ingredients that make Daniel Craig perfect Bond
- Sam Mendes to direct James Bond 24?
- No more James Bond say Skyfall writers
- James Bond: Skyfall breaks box office records
- Sam Mendes tells Moviejuice about Skyfall and 'classy' Daniel Craig
- Judi Dench has Bond ringtone
- Sam Mendes defends Bond product placement