Emmerdaleseries producer Stuart Blackburn has revealed that he wants the soap’s upcoming mystery death to be kept a secret.
One character is set to be killed off in the 40th anniversary live episode, which will be aired in October, and Stuart wants Emmerdale fans to be left completely shocked by the death.
Speaking at a press conference for the soap he said: “It’s not about being coy or wanting to play any games.
“As a viewer of soaps and drama, I hate it when I stumble across a spoiler and realize what’s going to happen.
“With this episode, if we can have just one surprise - just once a decade- that would be fantastic. Teasers are great, spoilers I personally abhor.”
Emmerdale’s executive producer, John Whiston, has hinted that the doomed character will have it coming, and the emotional impact of the death is set to have a huge impact on the village.
"I think it will move people,” Stuart said. “It will change our characters' lives for a long, long time and then drive the show forward with new stories for the coming months."
Emmerdale’s live episode will run for an hour and be shot entirely on location, and with two births, two marriages and a death, it's certainly going to be explosive!
More About Emmerdale 40th birthday
- Emmerdale's Tom Lister talks about what’s next after Carl King’s exit
- Emmerdale live show: two weddings, two births and one funeral
- Emmerdale pulls off faultless live episode
- Emmerdale: Charley Webb and Emma Atkins talk live show drama
- Emmerdale’s Tom Lister “thrilled” with Carl King’s exit storyline
- Emmerdale’s Sian Reese-Williams put off pregnancy by soap storylines
- Emmerdale live episode: Celebrities praise the cast for flawless episode