Little Mix lovely Perrie Edwards couldn’t help but gush about how proud she is of boyfriend Zayn Malik, during a TV interview today.
The blonde bombshell – who makes up one fourth of X Factor girl group Little Mix – was on Daybreak alongside her bandmates, when she was asked how she felt about the One Direction boys being asked to perform at Sunday’s Olympics Closing Ceremony.
Giggling and blushing, Perrie – who is thought to have been dating Zayn since late last year – couldn’t hide the pride she has in her man.
“It was amazing, I think the boys have done so well. Everyone has done so well,” Perrie beamed.
“I was sitting in the audience and it was a once in a lifetime opportunity. I loved it.”
Perrie isn’t the only person to have loved Sunday’s spectacular; around 300 million people around the world are thought to have tuned in to the show, in addition to the lucky 80,000 who scored tickets.
Music acts including Take That, the Spice Girls, Beady Eye, Emeli Sandi and Annie Lennox entertained the huge crowds and there was also an injection of quintessentially British humour, with sketches from shows including Only Fools and Horses and Monty Python.
Meanwhile Perrie said she’s going to feel “sick” watching The X Factor when it makes its big return this Saturday.
I think I’m going to feel really sick watching it’, it will feel weird and I’ll be nervous,” the singer revealed.
And Perrie's bandmate Jade Thirwall defended shows like X Factor, which are often criticised for making ‘stars’ out of acts overnight.
“Even though you only see us on The X Factor people who go on the show have worked for years and years to try and make it,” she explained.
- More X Factor news and gossip
- Zayn tries to impress Perrie with flashy Bentley
- Perrie slams jealous One Direction fans
- More on Little Mix
- More on One Direction
More About One Direction
- One Direction's 'Midnight Memories' is best selling album of 2013
- Niall Horan can’t wait to catch up with One Direction lads at BRITs
- One Direction throw support behind Text Santa
- Russell Grant believes Harry Styles will embark on solo projects
- Nicholas McDonald thrilled to have One Direction star Niall Horan’s support
- Little Mix perform These Four Walls and talk about their love lives
- X Factor: Kingsland Road determined to follow in One Direction’s footsteps