Singing star Susan Boyle took a theatre audience by surprise by giving an unplanned performance. The Britain’s Got Talent discovery took to the stage after the musical that charts her rise to fame.
But the crowd – clearly Susan fans – had no idea their idol was going to turn up.
So when the 51-year-old took to the stage, they were ecstatic, giving her a standing ovation.
Her stunning appearance happened after the final song of I Dreamed A Dream which stars Elaine C Smith.
Many of the audience thought the show was over and had started to leave. However, Susan clearly enjoyed the experience so much she returned the following day for the matinee.
One fan said on Twitter: “Susan Boyle the musical was great and was topped off by Susan Boyle appearing and singing a few songs at the end.”
I Dreamed A Dream is on at the Edinburgh Festival Theatre until September 29 and then at the King’s Theatre in Glasgow from October 1 to 13.
More About Susan Boyle
- BGT star Susan Boyle plans to adopt a child
- Susan Boyle takes Ice Bucket Challenge dressed in swimming costume
- Susan Boyle proud to bring Commonwealth Games magic to children in hospital
- Susan Boyle celebrates her birthday in style in Leicester
- Susan Boyle admits she’s dreaming of a duet with Michael Buble
- Susan Boyle and Nicholas McDonald give up treats for charity
- Susan Boyle stuns Bathgate cafe customers with impromptu performance
- Elaine C Smith admits she’s “very protective” of Susan Boyle
- Susan Boyle left 'speechless' after Elton John shout-out
- Susan Boyle’s tears over musical scene