Singing star Susan Boyle took a theatre audience by surprise by giving an unplanned performance. The Britain’s Got Talent discovery took to the stage after the musical that charts her rise to fame.
But the crowd – clearly Susan fans – had no idea their idol was going to turn up.
So when the 51-year-old took to the stage, they were ecstatic, giving her a standing ovation.
Her stunning appearance happened after the final song of I Dreamed A Dream which stars Elaine C Smith.
Many of the audience thought the show was over and had started to leave. However, Susan clearly enjoyed the experience so much she returned the following day for the matinee.
One fan said on Twitter: “Susan Boyle the musical was great and was topped off by Susan Boyle appearing and singing a few songs at the end.”
I Dreamed A Dream is on at the Edinburgh Festival Theatre until September 29 and then at the King’s Theatre in Glasgow from October 1 to 13.
More About Susan Boyle
- Susan Boyle inundated with ‘cheeky’ begging letters
- Susan Boyle teases biopic and talks ‘cosy’ Christmas album
- Susan Boyle announces 'Susan Boyle in Concert' tour for 2014
- Radio Forth Awards: Susan Boyle, Boy George and JLS interviews
- Susan Boyle, JLS and host of heroes honoured at Radio Forth Awards
- Susan Boyle In Concert: singer to tour Scotland for first ever live shows
- Alesha Dixon: Scotland’s Got Talent but Susan Boyle was one off
- Elaine C Smith admits she’s “very protective” of Susan Boyle
- Susan Boyle left 'speechless' after Elton John shout-out
- Susan Boyle’s tears over musical scene