Singing star Susan Boyle took a theatre audience by surprise by giving an unplanned performance. The Britain’s Got Talent discovery took to the stage after the musical that charts her rise to fame.
But the crowd – clearly Susan fans – had no idea their idol was going to turn up.
So when the 51-year-old took to the stage, they were ecstatic, giving her a standing ovation.
Her stunning appearance happened after the final song of I Dreamed A Dream which stars Elaine C Smith.
Many of the audience thought the show was over and had started to leave. However, Susan clearly enjoyed the experience so much she returned the following day for the matinee.
One fan said on Twitter: “Susan Boyle the musical was great and was topped off by Susan Boyle appearing and singing a few songs at the end.”
I Dreamed A Dream is on at the Edinburgh Festival Theatre until September 29 and then at the King’s Theatre in Glasgow from October 1 to 13.
More About Susan Boyle
- Susan Boyle In Concert: singer to tour Scotland for first ever live shows
- Alesha Dixon: Scotland’s Got Talent but Susan Boyle was one off
- Stephen Mulhern praises Susan Boyle and reveals all about Simon Cowell
- Susan Boyle too busy working on new album to rock with fellow Scots
- Susan Boyle bitten by the acting bug as she plans more movie roles
- Susan Boyle has twinkle toes as she splashes cash in Scotland
- Susan Boyle shows caring side as singer teams up with charity Sciaf
- Elaine C Smith admits she’s “very protective” of Susan Boyle
- Susan Boyle left 'speechless' after Elton John shout-out
- Susan Boyle’s tears over musical scene